Monday, March 15, 2010

under water

10:31 pm. good evening. architecture in helsinki on repeat please. I just ate marshmallow twists and drank a yoo-hoo at the same time, I might go into sugar shock. or develop a large cavity. I was supposed to do a lot of things today but somehow didn't end up doing any of them. I kept getting sidetracked by a so called movie premier in the theater. on my way to pick up my film with a class-mate, we heard that the movie Kick Ass was being premiere, so we went a snooped around. fail. my wrist hurts. i repotted Lasagna and she's looking mighty fine.

yesterday I came back to nyc from my long, relaxing spring break. my town had been hit by that huge north eastern and started to flood. luckily I got out of there before my mom got an emergency call telling everyone to evacuate. receiving a hysterical phone call from her made my heart sink. I then received multiple texts from my friends who lived in the same town as me asking me where I was going etc. sadly enough I couldn't help anyone due to the fact I was in NYC. we don't get new 12 here so I had to lurk around google to find out what was happening. I relied souley on the third handed information from my friends. apparently a dam broke two towns away from mine, and a huge wave of water was heading towards my town. then the story changed three more times. the water was just overflowing, the dam hadn't broke, despite what the reporters said. I did some investigating. the dam that "broke" had an elevation of over 700 feet... now if that broke... well... yanno.

BUT everything is fine now, so I'm relieved I'll have a house and town to go back to :D
PCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment